Ingredients for the cake
- 170 gr. Veloudo organic goat yogurt
- 250 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. softened butter at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- Zest of 2 whole lemons
- 350 gr. organic all-purpose flour BioAgros
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the icing
- 180 gr organic powdered sugar BioAgros
- 60 gr lemon juice
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, mix and leave them aside.
- Butter and flour a long cake form very well.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC degrees, on the upper and lower resistances. We will bake on the bottom rack of the oven.
- In the bowl of the mixer, beat the butter with the sugar for 4-5 minutes until they become creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue beating until they are homogenized.
- Add the lemon zest and yogurt and continue mixing.
- Then add the mixture to the flour bowl, mix with a spatula and pour the cake mixture into the prepared form.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes in the form and turn it over on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Put the powdered sugar with the lemon in a bowl and mix until it is homogenous and pour the icing over the cake.
Recipe by Panagiotis Bracho