- 3 eggplants, cut in half
- 500 gr. minced meat
- 1 dry onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 150 ml red wine
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Olive oil
Ingredients for the cream
- 600 gr. Veloudo organic goat yogurt
- 100 gr. flour
- 100 gr. butter
- 400 gr. milk
- 1 egg
- Cut the eggplants in half and score them. Brush them with enough oil and add salt and pepper.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Sauté the minced meat in a pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and green pepper and sauté.
- Continue with the paste and after they are sautéed, deglaze with the wine.
- After the wine has evaporated, fill with water until the minced meat is covered and add the tomato and cook at a low temperature until cooked.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter and flour at a low temperature.
- As soon as it turns pale, add the milk and yogurt and keep stirring until the cream is homogenized and thickened.
- Remove from the heat, add the egg and mix well.
- Stuff the eggplants with the minced meat and cover with the cream.
- Pour a little oil over the cream and bake them in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes.
Recipe by Panagiotis Bracho